C. PALANCA BRIDGE
C. Palanca bridge or Carlos Palanca bridge was named after Carlos Palanca Sr., a Chinese-Filipino businessman and philanthropist. He established the La Tondeña Incorporada in Tondo, Manila a distillery which grew to be a major player in the Philippine alcoholic beverage industry. This bridge is located on the left side of Quiapo's Quinta Market along C. Palanca St.
RETROFITTING/STRENGTHENING OF PERMANENT BRIDGES; C. PALANCA BRIDGE (B02271LZ)
There are cases where distress in abutment/pier and super structure has occurred because increase loading than the design load. A bridge may require retrofitting due to upgrading of design standards, using Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS) to harden and increase structural capacity and protect against progressive collapse. It consist repair of crack using epoxy or polymer modified mortar and injection.
- Location: Along Palanca St. Manila
- Client: DPWH North Manila District Engineering Office (DEO)
Date Started: March 26, 2021Completion Date: May 08, 2021
- The C. Palanca bridge load increased and the bottom slab board appeared crack and so on because of the large amount of traffic and the loading of vehicles. The bridge was retrofitted to its best quality by the application of Carbon Fiber Sheets (CFS) on the bottom slab of the bridge to be strengthen.
- 1. Removal of loose materials, and Concrete Plaster by means of chipping and grinding.
2. Application of Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS) with Chemical Epoxy resins
3. Restoration of bottom slab, girder and beam on Affected by Carbon Fiber Sheets (CFS) Application
4. Protective Coating for concrete Structures (Skim Coat)/ Plastering Works
5. Painting Works (Masonry, and Concrete)