Baan Bridge is located at Municipality of Aritao in the landlocked province of Nueva Vizcaya.The municipality has a land area of 265.60 square kilometers or 102.55 square miles which constitutes 5.52% of Nueva Vizcaya's total area.
Baan Bridge is one of the major bridges along Benguet-Nueva Vizcaya Highway (Nueva Vizcaya Road) connecting the municipalities of Kayapa and Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya towards Sta. Fe. The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) has completed its retrofitting works to restore structural integrity of the decades-old Baan Bridge in Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya.
- RETROFITTING/STRENGTHENING OF PERMANENT BRIDGES; BAAN BRIDGE (B1250LZ)
- The old existing structure should undergo for the Retrofitting/strengthening of girder Using Carbon Fiber Sheet for Shear Enhancement and Carbon Fiber Plate for Flexural Enhancement and also Bottom slab using carbon fiber sheet. to reach the maximum strength required. including repair of crack and damage concrete due to demolition of existing old structure for the widening of bridge.
- Location: Aritao,Nueva Viscaya
- Client: Jann-Norris Construction & Supplies, Inc.
- Date Started: February 17, 2022
Completion Date: March 19, 2022
- Retrofitting/strengthening of girder Using Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS) for Shear Enhancement and Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) for Flexural Enhancement and also Bottom slab using carbon fiber sheet. to reach the maximum strength required.
- 1. Removal of loose materials, and Concrete Plaster by means of chipping and grinding.
2. Application of Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS), and Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) with Chemical Epoxy resins
3. Restoration of bottom slab, girder and beam on Affected by Carbon Fiber Sheets (CFS) Application
4. Protective Coating for concrete Structures (Skim Coat)/ Plastering Works
5. Painting Works (Masonry, Wood and Concrete)