Monong bridge is a 5 span fully concrete structure, It is located along Surigao-Davao Costal Road Tandag City Surigao Del Sur. This bridge are subject for widening to decongest the volume of vehicle passing through the bridge.
- STRENGTHENING/RETROFITTING OF MONONG BRIDGE (B00694MN)
The old existing structure of the bridge specially in the girder needs to be retrofit due to major crack and honeycomb on midspan and shear of girder. The planning and Design Section of DPWH Tandag District design the retrofitting plan on girder .80 length at midspan and L/4 on shear to enhance the strength of the girder includes repair on crack and honeycomb. Application of protective coating on applied Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS) and Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) to protect from environment and UV light.
Location: Along Surigao-Davao Section Tandag City
Client: L.C Ting Construction
Date Started: October 08, 2018
Completion Date: November 15, 2018
- The Monong bridge load increased and the girder board appeared crack and so on because of the large amount of traffic and the loading of vehicles. The bridge was retrofitted to its best quality by the application of Carbon Fiber Sheets (CFS), and Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) around the girders.
- 1. Removal of loose materials, and Concrete Plaster by means of chipping and grinding.
2. Application of Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS) with Chemical Epoxy resins
3. Restoration of bottom slab, girder and beam on Affected by Carbon Fiber Sheets (CFS), and Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) Application
4. Protective Coating for concrete Structures (Skim Coat)/ Plastering Works
5. Painting Works (Masonry, and Concrete)