RADIAL - 10 SOUTHBOUND BRIDGE
Radial -10 Bridge is located at Radial Road 10, more commonly referred to as R-10, is a planned network of roads and bridges that all together would form the tenth radial road of Manila in the Philippines. It is the westernmost of the radial roads north of the Pasig River running north-south close to the shoreline of Manila Bay. When completed, the road would link the City of Manila with Navotas, and the northern coastal provinces of Bulacan, Pampanga, and Bataan in Central Luzon.
The bridge crosses the pasig river via roxas bridge (also known as Mel Lopez Bridge). Radial 10 was constructed in 1976 as part of the manila urban Development Project of the Marcos administration and was initially named Marcos road.
REHABILITATION/STRENGTHENING PERMANENT BRIDGES - RADIAL - 10 BRIDGE SOUTHBOUND (B01745LZ)
After series of inspection, investigation. Overall condition of existing structure of the bridge was found out to be in poor condition, The bridge was subject for rehabilitation using UT70-30G Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS), and Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) including crack repair using epoxy injection/mortar, and applying protective coating using Epoxy Primer Guilder.
Location: Along Estero De Marata, Radial 10 Tondo Manila
Client: DPWH North Manila District Engineering Office
Date Started: February 15, 2021
Completion Date: September 09, 2021
- The bridge was subject for rehabilitation using UT70-30G Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS), and Carbon Fiber Plate. Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) are lightweight, high strength systems for reinforcing concrete and masonry steel structures. This provides for a rapid construction schedule and a minimal disruption to an operating facility. It consists of carbon and glass fabrics that are impregnated with the quality resins to form laminate that is externally bonded to the element to be strengthened. To increase the load capacity of the bridge.
- 1. Removal of loose materials, and Concrete Plaster by means of chipping and grinding.
2. Application of Carbon Fiber Sheet (CFS) with Chemical Epoxy resins
3. Restoration of bottom slab, girder and beam on Affected by Carbon Fiber Sheets (CFS), Carbon Fiber Plate (CFP) Application
4. Protective Coating for concrete Structures (Skim Coat)/ Plastering Works
5. Painting Works (Masonry, and Concrete)